As doctors, people often as us if they should order vitamins online. If so, they wonder, what are the best vitamins to order. Everybody wonders what vitamins they should take. It turns out that ordering vitamins on line is an excellent choice these days, for many reasons, but knowing exactly what to order is the challenge. We all have individual vitamin needs. Just because your friend or neighbor swears by their vitamin regimen, does not mean it is the best thing for you. Taking a personalized vitamin quiz is a great way to determine your needs.
So here are a few factors to consider when ordering vitamins on line:
- The Source Matters- When buying vitamins, especially on line, you want to make sure to get them from a reputable source. There are literally thousands of on line vitamin retailers. Many use products from outside the US and questionable manufacturers.
- Quality Is key- There is no FDA regulation of vitamin and supplement products, thus there is not necessarily any oversight of these products. This can be quite scary! One way to guarantee a better product is to look for a USP or GMP verification.
- Safety Is Essential-Vitamins are like any other medication in that they can be dangerous if not take in safe amounts. Certain products can be harmful to your health just like taking too much medication or taking the wrong medication for your needs. Read more about supplement safety and vitamin overdoses.
- A Doctor Created Vitamin is the way to go- Medical knowledge is important to help determine which vitamins each person should be taking based on their needs. Familiarity with the scientific research about vitamins and their uses in specific circumstances is essential to determine which vitamins are needed for each individual based on who they are, their habits and medical issues.
- Personalize your Vitamins- A personalized approach is key. We do not all eat the same, live the same or have the same health concerns. We do not need to take the same vitamins. Getting a personalized all in one daily vitamin is the best way to meet your needs and take no more and no less than your body requires. Take our personalized vitamin quiz here for a doctor created daily vitamin.
Considering ordering vitamins on line? These days it is great to avoid the vitamin aisle for so many reasons. Buying vitamins on line is a great alternative if you use thought and careful consideration about which products to choose. A doctor created personalized daily multivitamin is the ideal way to get the exact nutrients you need for your individual nutritional deficiencies. Let science lead the way and determine which vitamins and how much are right for you.
Romy Block specializes in Endocrinology and Metabolism and is mother to three active adolescent boys. Arielle Levitan is a Doctor of Internal Medicine with a special interest in Preventive Medicine and Women’s Health. She is a mother of three teenagers. As professional women with active family lives, they recognize that people often neglect their own health needs and are uncertain about what vitamins to take. Each person is different in her diet, exercise and health history, and will benefit from different nutrients. After years of advising their patients about the proper vitamins to take, Drs. Block and Levitan created Vous Vitamin® to provide people everywhere with quality vitamins that are suited to their individual needs. They are authors of the award winning The Vitamin Solution: Two Doctors Clear Confusion About Vitamins and Your Health (She Writes Press, 2015). Take your vitamin survey now to get exactly the right vitamins for your needs.
The statements made in this article have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products offered by Vous Vitamin® are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Nothing contained herein is intended to be a diagnosis or constitute medical advice. The symptoms described in this Blog may be a result of a serious medical condition which requires medical treatment. You should consult with your doctor if you are experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned in this Blog and before beginning any vitamin or supplement regimen.